Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Electronic Pilot Logbook

One night I was online lookin up a tail number. One of the links that google showed took me to a webpage called flightlogg.in; a free electronic pilot logbook.
There I was able to see somebody's pilot logbook, somebody from ATP since the tail number was a PA-44 from ATP. It was very interesting, the guy was now flying for American Eagle and his logbook showed all this cool flights on an ATR. Then I got curious and turned to page 1, just about 3 years ago! There was his first solo, his first cross countries, his checkrides.. then I clicked to a link that said maps. Holly guacamole! I got hooked! This is amazing! You can see on the map all the flights, if there were solo, dual given, received, PIC, SIC, etc. You can see how many flights you have on each airplane, type.. It gives you a lot of information and the best part.. It is free and you just need to use your google account.. or yahoo.. or whatever..
I have heard of electronic pilot logbooks before, but never really paid attention to them. I wasn't really interested in logging my flight time electronically, I already had a logbook, why would I log my times twice? Why bother? Well now I got hooked! I entered all the flights on my logbook and I love it!! Here are some screenshots of my flight life!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent information. Keep sharing such great and informative information. Pilot Logbook

kanchan.tyagi8@gmail.com said...

Log book may be many type, it may be electronic and its also may be a book in which pilot record their data like their landing time , their flying time and all other information related to plan . Everybody knows about electronic logbook, and we get the output through print out . So Thankful to Pilot Logbook.