Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pancakes and Eggs Fly-In at Paulding Airport

Today I went to the Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport, which is the closest one from my house, for a FAAST seminar together with a "pancake fly-in". As the name states, you fly in and there will be pancakes. yumm
The seminar was about "General Aviation Accidents and How to Prevent Them!" given by Mr. Naji Malek from Berkeley Aviation. 

It started at 8:30 am and It was good to see a lot of different airplanes and people at the airport, I think the ramp was at its busiest since the airport opened back in 2008.  The pancakes were super fantastic, along with the eggs, bacon and coffee.

The seminar was very informative and interesting, we learned about how accident investigations are made, what equipment is taken, what to look for when investigating an accident and Mr Malek showed us some previous accidents where we would determine the probable causes and how could those have been prevented. 

I hope that the airport does this kind of events more often. 

The FAA Safety Team mission is to improve the Nation's aviation safety record by conveying safety principles and practices through training, outreach, and education. At the same time, FAASTeam Managers and Program Managers will establish meaningful aviation industry alliances and encourage continual growth of a positive safety culture within the aviation community.

If you are interested in attending one of these seminars go to http://www.faasafety.gov




























1 comment:

A. Pilot said...

I wanted to attend it, but I had to work that day. I would of loved to have came by and seen all the planes and the seminar sounded fascinating. I love one how one of the pictures is of 653KB, my favorite plane to fly.